Last Saturday morning, I picked Sarah up from the airport and we drove to San Diego. It seemed a little crazy for Sarah to spend 5 hours flying into Phoenix and then another 5 hours driving to San Diego when she could have just flown right there. However, as she said the road trip together was part of the fun.
We stopped in Dateland for gas. It doesn't happen often where I stop for gas and have the option to buy racing fuel.
We tried a date shake. Two sips was enough.
We stayed at the W Hotel in Downtown San Diego with points Sarah had. It was so nice!!
Our view.
It was quite peaceful waking up each morning without little voices calling our names for help and breakfast. We layed in bed until we felt like getting up. Once we were ready to get up we walked and got coffee and pastries.
We did see some of the sites too. We walked around Little Italy the first night and ate at a restaurant there. On Sunday morning, we walked by the water. We saw the USS Midway docked there as a museum now.
We saw this giant and slightly freakish statue of the famous WWII photo. Then we walked to Seaport Village. On our way there I was run into by a bike. We were off to the side but the biker appeared to have some "issues" and proceeded to curse me out. Several very nice strangers made sure I was ok and I went to clean up. Fortunately, I was't hurt more then a couple of bruises. That was part of the cultural experience too.
After walking around we sat by the pool and read. Then we went to the spa across the street and got facials. The facials included head and neck massages and were amazing!!
Then we went shopping!! We felt a little guilty since we could have been seeing San Diego instead, but we never get to shop together. We laughed a lot. We both tried on this jumpsuit which can't be seen too well in the picture. But it was quite a treasure. Just adding to the experience was the fact that they only had one size that was too small for me and too big for Sarah. Apparently the jumpsuit we thought was ridiculous is popular.
This is her model look.
At night we walked to the Gaslamp Quarter and had dinner at a mexican restaurant. The next morning after coffee and a drive to Coronado Island we drove back to Phoenix. It could not have been a better weekend. It was the perfect combination of relaxation and experiencing San Diego, and I was refreshed and ready to be woken up again by my three little girls.
It sounds so fun! I'm glad you can spend time with your sister :)
ReplyDelete