Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving with Grandma Sharon and Grandad

My parents came for Thanksgiving this year.  We weren't sure exactly how the travel was going to work out.  They were planning to drive but it ended up being quite snowy the weekend they were supposed to leave, so we were so happy that they were able to find tickets to fly instead.

 Out to dinner

 Mom took the older girls to see the movie, Frozen.

 Preparing the Thanksgiving bird.  You could say I have a bit of a raw poultry phobia.  I don't even like watching other people prepare raw poultry, so preparing a turkey is always a bit of a stretch for me.  I really wanted to wear a full body hazmat suit, but none was available.  I decided to brine the bird for 12 hours before cooking it.  It was quite the process and did not really add to my love of preparing poultry.  

The bird in his resting place.  I would have to say that the "brining bag" I used for this process was well worth the cost.  Here is the recipe I used at the suggestion of a friend.

 The turkey was very juicy and we really enjoyed the rest of our Thanksgiving meal.  We have so much to be thankful for.  Our life is abundantly full of God's riches.

 Thanksgiving was a gorgeous day and we spent the afternoon outside.

 Mom and I decided to do a little Thanksgiving night deal shopping.  I got lots of good deals on presents and a few things for myself too. :/

 Mom and Kyra

Playing a new game.  We had a great 4 1/2 days together!


No comments:

Post a Comment