Avery recently got a new pair of glasses. I have saved all of her glasses so far and decided to look at them to see how many pairs she has had so far. She has had 6 six pairs of glasses from the time she started wearing them at 10 mos old until now. I wish I could remember how long we have had all of them, but I can only remember some of them.
This is Avery's 1st pair of glasses. I knew nothing about buying glasses so I asked the guy at the optical shop which was the best for a baby. He told me plastic. So we waited two weeks for them to come in. She wore them about 1/2 hr before they were broken. So we ordered another pair, which we got after two weeks. Again they broke in a matter of minutes. So I decided plastic probably was not the best and decided that guy probably did not know what he was doing.
So then we went to a different optical shop and bought these metal framed glasses. They bent instead of breaking right away. We had a 1 year unlimited warranty for breaks on them. (That optical does not do an unlimited warranty anymore). She had these about 10 mos before she out grew them.
The she got these.
Then these.
Then these for 2 years. I think these are the 1st glasses that haven't been broken. Although they have been "unbent" several times.
Now the new glasses. They are plastic again, but I am hoping now she is old enough to handle them. They are brown on the front and turquoise on the top and edges.
Oh what a journey we have had with glasses over the last 6 + years, but we are so thankful for them. Avery rarely likes to be without them. She would sleep in them if I let her.:)
No comments:
Post a Comment