Sunday, May 12, 2013

50s Dress Up at School and Mother's Tea


 During Teacher Appreciate Week, they let the kids dress up in 50s attire for Friday.  When Avery's school sends a newsletter home that says they can dress in some kind of costume I always have a sense of dread because it means I have to come up with something for her to wear without spending much money on it.  And that is not something I am naturally good at.  So we decided that I would temporarily turn one of her uniform skirts into a poodle skirt.  I drew a poodle onto a piece of felt and taped it and a ribbon onto her skirt.  I was pretty proud of myself for making it happen.


 Avery's class had a Mother's Tea for moms.  They made us a gift, put on a fun program, and gave us yummy snacks.
 Here are the earring she made me out of clay.

 I wore them for Mother's Day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment