Monday, May 27, 2013

Our Avocado Tree

Any guesses as to what this is...its the start of our avocado tree.  Miren decided that we should plant the avocado pit to grow avocados for Kyra.  I have discovered that my ability to grow plants in AZ is pretty close to 0, but to humor her I looked on the web to see what needed to be done.  And you apparently have to submerge one end of the avocado pit in water for 4-6 weeks until it sprouts.  Then once it sprouts and develops roots it can be planted in soil.  Then it usually takes 4-6 years before it produces avocados.  I told Miren this, but what she heard was different.  What Miren Heard: We will put the avocado pit in water and tomorrow it will sprout and we can give Kyra the fruit that we have grown in one night.  Oh well!  Reality: we will keep the pit until it sprouts then we will have a discussion about how cool it is but how we do not really have a good place to grow an avocado tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment