Miren had her end of the year music program at school in April. It was so fun to watch her in action. Her teacher, Mrs. Yarrow, told me afterwards that she enjoyed watching Miren, the most, in practices because she was very animated while singing. (She is in the front row in green)
Mother's Day
I was spoiled on Mother's Day. The girls gave me presents they made in school. Avery made me a pen with a flower on it and Miren decorated a frame with a picture of her and I in it. We got Rubio's for lunch and Andy let me spend some of the afternoon reading at Starbucks.
Then Avery and Miren gave me a back massage and a foot massage with lotion.
In the evening, Avery and I used a groupon to go roller skating. It had been a while since we had been roller skating and Avery was a little discouraged at first, but I was proud of how she pushed through her desire to quit. She was having so much fun by the end.
This moment from the day before was as good as a present to me. Kyra fell asleep on me while I was reading my book on the couch. For this mama, who is hesitant to see the baby years be done, I will take every moment I can get of her sleeping on me.
Since Avery got a special night with me on Sunday, I took Miren to see Cinderella in the theater the next Friday. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. It is fun to spend one on one time with them!


No comments:
Post a Comment