Monday, December 8, 2014

So Much to Be Thankful For...

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving just the 5 of us!  The weather was beautiful that day.  We went to church and then had a late lunch together outside.  It sounds cliche' but having a brush with death with our car accident has made me especially grateful this year.  I am sure the people around me are tired of hearing about it.  However, the accident is still something I think about everyday and I cannot help but feel a welling up of gratitude with all of the gifts we received from that time.  Recently, I read the accident police report for the first time.  Knowing more details about what actually happened in the accident gives me an even greater sense of awe and gratitude about how God chose to care for and preserve us.     



 We relaxed after lunch, took a walk, and watched Christmas movies.  

 We had a full weekend Thanksgiving weekend.  Andy worked a long time on the yard trying fix issues with the sprinklers and I painted 3 walls of Avery's room.  We also enjoyed time decorating.  The girls loved that.






Kyra saw an ornament of Baby Jesus in the manger and proclaimed, "my crib."  Very cute!  She now sleeps in a bed, so maybe she was feeling nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment