Sunday, June 28, 2015

Aw Summer Is the Best

Avery spent the mornings at Cheer Camp last week at school.  She had a great time.  It was so fun to see what she learned on the last day.




 We have done a couple more fun "change it up" days in the last couple of weeks.  The first one we did was  "Backwards Day."  We were supposed to do things the opposite of usual.  So we ate dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner.  It was a little bit of a stretch for me to eat breakfast for dinner after going for a run in the hot, hot weather.  But when I mentioned to Avery that I was going to eat a regular breakfast instead of dinner, she said she didn't want to eat dinner for breakfast either. :/  After the work I went to making a dinner before 8 in the morning, I said We All Had to Try It at Least!  Then they wore pajamas during the day instead of clothes.  Here is a picture of them in their pajamas before we went to the movies.  Then at night they slept in their clothes instead of their pajamas.



 Our next "change it up" day was "Ding Dong Ditch Day."  We were supposed to bring treats to our neighbors and then ring the door bell and run.  So we made bread, brownies, and homemade cards.  We decided it would be more fun to bring the treats and talk to our neighbors instead of "ding dong ditch."  Our neighbors really seemed to appreciate us stopping by and bringing treats.



 The girls have enjoyed picking out, buying the supplies for, and doing some crafts this summer.  They decorated t-shirts with sharpie markers and sprayed them with rubbing alcohol to make the marker run and look fun.

 Another week, they made purses out of duck tape.  I was surprised how easy the purses were to make.  It was really fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment