Tuesday, June 16, 2015

SUMMER!!!

I am not sure who looks forward to the summer more me or the girls.  We have so much fun during the summer months and I love there being no routine!

 The first full week of summer break Miren went to basketball camp in the mornings at school.  She learned a lot and always had a big smile on her face!

We went to the zoo to play after the last morning of school.  Our friend, Alaina, came with us.  It was VERY hot.  It's a good thing the zoo has some great water areas.




 Our friend, Lynola, organized getting together for dinner at a fun pizza place called Organ Stop Pizza, where they have a live organist that plays popular songs and movie soundtrack songs.  The kids and adults love it!



We observed National Donut Day.  We waited in line to get free donuts.  We started off in the inside of the donut shop, but the line inside looked to be at least an hour long and the drive through window maybe 15 minutes, so we got our donuts at the drive through.  I can't resist a fun freebie.


 Our friend, Ms. Vicky, gave me an article on some fun activities for families to do together.  The first one we did was "Reverse Rolls Day."  The girls were the parents and parents were the kids (sort of:)).  The day before I asked the girls what they should be able to do Reverse Rolls Day.  They said eat candy whenever they wanted, put the parents to bed at 7pm,  kids go to bed at 10pm, watch movies all day, make dinner, and not do any chores,  So they pretty much got to do all of that.  Although, they just watched one movie and I don't think there was any candy for them to have.  They had a fun day.  The picture above is Miren doing bedtime routine with Andy and I.

After they put us to bed they went downstairs, made an interesting arrangement with the couch cushions, and watch a movie.  They put themselves to bed at 10:30 without any prompting.  



No comments:

Post a Comment